Today's post is a recipe. Those of you who follow me on Instagram already know that I am a bit of a foodie. This picture received so much attention (on both of my social media accounts) that I decided to post the recipe on my blog. It's been getting hotter and hotter these days, and my super fruit vegetarian smoothie is just the right treat to cool you down and replenish those vitamins. :) It's not only delicious but it supplies you with a host of vitamins and immune boosters. It is best to use organic, non-gmo, and raw ingredients (if you can find them) to lessen your intake of pesticides and maximize the vitamin benefit. Enjoy, and let me know what you think if you end up making it yourself!
Super Fruit Smoothie/ Sorbet
* Blender with shake or ice cream setting
* 1 banana
* 1 - 1 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries
* 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
* 1 cup of pineapple chunks
* 1/2 - 1 cup of coconut milk (I use Silk brand coconut milk)
* 1 - 2 TSP chia seeds (white or black)
* 2 TBSP of dried raw mulberries
* 2 TSP of lucuma powder
* 1 TSP of camu powder
* 2 - 4 TBSP of raw honey (for vegan you can substitute with maple syrup or sugar)
Blend until all ingredients are smooth and creamy. Try really hard not to give yourself a red mustache. :)
Footnote: The less liquid you use (and the more frozen fruit) results in a thicker smoothie, and it becomes a sorbet or gelato consistency. You can switch out fruit if you want, but I happen to like this little mix of fruit together. I made mine to the sorbet consistency and topped it with fresh basil leaves, but you can just enjoy it straight from the blender. It saves well in the fridge for a few days, and is EXCELLENT mixed with tequila or rum. I mean, I have heard that it is?